Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Screw Resolutions.


I have decided not to make resolutions.

This year, getting thinner, seeing the world and sleeping earlier are going to have to take a trip to the wastebasket. 
 
Screw resolutions. You never do half of it anyway. 

Make forecasts. 

2014 will be an unforgettable year, and it will be one of best ones. It might not be the year I magically turn smoking hot and beautiful, but it will be the year I would gain my confidence. I may or may not lose some weight, but 2014 will surely be the year for morning runs and less rice. I would do this for myself, so I can finally know the true meaning of self-fulfillment. It would be the year wherein I won't let society shape my self-perception. Slowly, I'm letting my insecurities go. I'm allowing myself to make room for improvement. Due to my friends' inspiring persistence,  it will also be my first year as a fashion blogger and Instagram user. As a blogger, it would be the first time I would reveal my face in my entries, and I'm proud of it. After all, I promised I would start acknowledging myself as  beautiful, didn't I? 

2014 will be the year I may or may not avoid caffeine, but it will be the year I would have to cut off my daily trips to Katipunan so I can save up for the many things I want. It would be a year of concerts, theater plays, shopping and book hunting. This year will also bring about opportunities. I will venture into designing fandom shirts and hopefully, my creativity pays off. I can see a lot of doors opening for me. I just have to be wise in choosing which ones to enter. 

2014 will welcome more sleep before the second year of my college life begins. There will be more academics, but the weekends would be dedicated for rest. Although I have decided to devote more time to my bed, I know 2014 would also be a year for more parties, late night hang-outs and sleepovers. Like its preceding year, 2014 will be spent living the moment and seeking for that Great Perhaps. It will be 365 days of infinite memories, out-of-this-world antics, completing bucket lists and never-ending surprises. 

2014 will be my year. 

I don't need to make sure of it because right now, I already am. 

Cheers! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment